How do I export grades from the Gradebook?
There are two locations in the Gradebook where you can export grades: from All Grades or from Course Grades.
Go to Gradebook.
Select the Gradebook tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Click All Grades.
Select your export format.
All Grades will take you to a spreadsheet-style view of your student grades with all of the individual gradebook items shown. You have three format options for exporting the student grade data. Click on the button for your preferred export format.
- Export as PDF: This will create a printer-friendly PDF document of your gradebook.
- Export as CSV: This will create a comma separated variable (CSV) file that can be opened in any spreadsheet program, or text editor.
- Export for Excel: This will create a Microsoft Excel format file that will open in Excel for editing/printing.
The export file will download to your local computer.
Click Course Grades.
If you would prefer to export final grade and score adjustments, click the Course Grades button instead.
Choose your export options.
In the Course Grades screen, you also have several options:
- Choose the desired export format from the Export grades as drop-down menu. You may choose from PDF, CSV, or Excel.
- Click the Download button to download the export file to your computer.
- You may also click Data Options to modify the settings for the data that will be included in the export.
If you click Data Options, you will be able to choose which items to include in the export.
- Student Name
- Student ID
- Calculated Grade
- Last Log Date
- Grade Override
- Course Grade
Check the boxes for the items you would like to include.